Today, I am just gonna brag a little.
Not about myself.
Not about my husband.
Not about my kids.
Not about my cats.
Today I am going to brag about my God.
Here is just a sampling of why I am bragging on Him today.
- He shows me things during my devotional time that I can’t get out of my head and I think about for weeks at a time.
- He uses those things to craft in me ideas and thoughts that are not my own.
- He uses me to share those insights with others who need to hear that message.
- His Spirit flows through me as I sit on my couch with my computer writing a sermon that I couldn’t come up with on my own.
- Then He does it again when I leave the printed copy of my sermon at home (at which point I panicked and got a friend to save it as a .pdf so I could open it on my phone, and then while preaching twice, I didn’t look at my phone even once).
- He uses even my (stupidity, forgetfulness, busyness, whatever) to teach me that it isn’t about me or how well prepared I feel, but about Him and how His Spirit can move and use me to get His message across.
There is so much more I could brag about–His protection, His provision, His love, His gifts, His grace, His mercy– the list could go on and on, but these are the things that have happened to me in the last week or two that I have been very aware of and in tune to Him and the way He works.
So, there it is, some of the many reasons that I am bragging on God today.
What are you bragging on Him about? I’d love to hear!