Remember last week when I talked about Perspective? Well, I lost mine today. It always works that way. There is something that I am trying to work on and then it gets challenged. And there is nothing like a crazy-busy weekend, a nearly empty bank account, a sleepless night, and 100+ temperatures to make you lose your perspective on life.
I was done. I was on the brink of tears. And then, I forgot a lunch date that I had scheduled with a friend. Which made me feel even more like a loser.
And my friend offered me grace. And lunch, a little late. And conversation. And love. And a listening ear. And an opportunity to rejoice with her.
And suddenly, I have regained some perspective.
So, in order to help gain even more, I offer the following:
- Thank you to my sweet daughter for knowing I had a rough night and making me breakfast while I got ready for work.
- Thank you to a good friend who not only opens her basement door and lets us come in for yoga, but also opens her heart to care for her friends, even in the midst of her busy life.
- Thank you to the good friend who lifted my spirits over lunch today.
- Thank you to another friend, who, without really even knowing that I was struggling today, told me to be happy on my way out the door to lunch, and threatened me with kindness if I didn’t do it.
- Thank you to another friend who helped me care for someone this weekend by working with me to do their laundry and clean their house.
- Thank you to friends who open their homes and lives to my family and I and for the fun conversations and laughter that we shared this weekend.
There is so much more that I have to be thankful for, but these are the things that rise to the top from the last 48 hours or so. I am blessed, and I know it. But sometimes it is easy to forget it, which is why we just need to put it in writing or speak it out loud at times.
So, what are you thankful for today? Do you need to do something to bring some perspective into your day? If so, do it. You won’t regret it.