June is one of my most loved and loathed months of the year. Why? Because I swear that summer is going to be so much more laid back than the school year and then June happens. And June is anything but laid back.
- Church camp the first week of June for the youngest kid.
- Family camp the second week of June for all of us (except Mike who still has to work :().
- Church camp the third week of June for the oldest kid. Basketball camp for the youngest.
- Working at basketball camp all week for me, while also doing my job.
- FCA camp for the oldest the fourth week of June. And FCA camp for me, too, where I partner with a friend to do the cheer portion. Again, while doing my job when I am not at camp.
- Throw in baseball games for Ty, junior high cheerleading for Anne, concerts for me (because my loving, amazing husband bought me a country mega-ticket for all the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater country shows this summer), overtime for Mike, and the other miscellaneous commitments and you can see why I feel the way I do about June!
Don’t get me wrong, I love all of these things. They are fun, have purpose, and I am glad we do them, but I will also be glad when things slow down a bit in July before my cheerleading season starts up again.
I want to lay on a raft in the pool. I want to read on my front porch. I want to work in my yard. I want to have a clean house again.
But I want to continue to make memories with and for my kids. Both the fun and crazy kind, and the laid back, hanging out with family kind. And I think we are doing it.
I am curious, does your June look like mine? Are you hoping for more laid back days of summer?