Now that life has slowed down a little, I find myself actually wanting to read again. I have tons of stuff waiting for me, I just have to choose which one to pick up.
Waiting on Kindle for iPad:
- Bossypants, Tina Fey
- Crossing Over, Paul Scanlon
- Blacklisted from the PTA, Lela Davidson
- My Life on the Run, Bart Yasso
- Crazy Love, Forgotten God, and Erasing Hell, Francis Chan
- A whole slew of classics – some I have read before and some I haven’t (Great Expectations, The Wind in the Willows, The Works of Edgar Allan Poe, Treasure Island, The Scarlet Letter, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, A Tale of Two Cities, Pride and Prejudice, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)
Sitting at home:
- Heaven, Randy Alcorn (and corresponding Heaven for Kids)
- Ok – there are really too many to list, so here’s a couple of pictures of my “to read” bookshelf. (And yes, there are books behind the books in the second picture.)
Sitting on my desk at work:
- Simple Church, Thom Rainer, Eric Geiger
- Where is God When it Hurts?, Philip Yancey
- Pop Goes the Church, Tim Stevens
- Reckless Faith, Kevin Harney
- Until It’s Gone, Scott C. Miller
- Come Be My Light, Mother Theresa
- Serve God, Save the Planet, Matthew Sleeth
And that doesn’t even count the 60 books currently on my Amazon Wishlist. (I decided a couple of years ago that I should just keep the list of books I want to read on an Amazon Wishlist. Not for sharing and asking people to buy them for me, but so I didn’t lose the piece of paper that listed all the books that I was coming across and wanted to read at some point.)
Anyone who knows me knows I love to read and that I read fairly quickly, but they also know that even in a schedule that is slower than normal, I don’t have time to read anywhere close to this many books. Because of that, this list is not going to get conquered in the next couple of weeks before cheerleading starts and my time to read diminishes greatly.
So, here are my questions for you:
- What are you reading this summer?
- Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them?
- Do you have any good recommendations for me?