Every day we have so much for which to be thankful.
We woke up – we are alive another day!
We have food.
We have water.
We have shelter.
We have family.
We have friends.
And that is just the tip of the iceberg.
When you really start thinking about all the reasons you have to be thankful, and digging deep, it can be overwhelming and life-changing. Looking at our lives through the lens of thanksgiving changes our perspective.
And since my recovery has hit a brick wall this weekend and this morning, I need a change in perspective today. So here goes.
- I am thankful for my husband, who has been the most patient and thoughtful caregiver over the last three weeks (and longer). He has brought me anything I needed. He has been patient with me as my recovery has taken longer than anticipated. He has run kids all over the place. He has allowed himself to be inconvenienced. And not once have I heard him complain.
- I am thankful for my daughter, who has been quick to “take care” of mom over the last few weeks. From bringing me a glass of water or cup of hot tea, to cleaning bathrooms and floors, she has been a blessing.
- I am thankful for my son, who, despite his need to constantly be in motion, has taken time to sit with me on the couch and just snuggle.
- I am thankful for my friends who have helped with food, picking up kids, prayers, and words of encouragement during this time.
- I am thankful for the hope that comes with faith in Christ. Even when I am down, I know that He is near and that He is at work in my body. He is my rock and my fortress. In Him I trust.
Take a few moments today and think specifically about the things you are most thankful for today. Believe me, it will change how you view your day.