This morning, as I sit here following my morning walk, I am reflecting on the many blessings in my life.
The first of which is I wasn’t sitting on the floor in front of the Christmas tree when it decided to fall over at 5:20 this morning and that my heart didn’t stop when the falling of the tree scared me nearly to death as it fell right behind me as I was getting my headlight out for our foggy walk. (Only one ornament broke. I guess we’ll re-decorate it this evening.)
All joking aside, there are so many ways that the Lord has blessed me. And you. And I think that we should make a list of 10 of those ways today. You up for it? Here are my 10:
- My husband. God brought this man into my life who loves me, spoils me, jumps out of bed when the Christmas tree crashes to the floor to make sure I am okay, and so much more.
- My daughter, who checks on mom to make sure she is doing alright when she knows I am struggling, who smiles and laughs, and cheers with such joy, and who loves her brother even when he is annoying.
- My son, who makes me laugh multiple times each day. His natural intelligence and the amazing amount of information stored in that brain constantly amazes me.
- My parents, who are always there for me, even at a distance. Their encouragement and love keep us going.
- My home, the place where my family interacts and does life together.
- My sisters, who love me and are available to me at any point.
- My friends, every single one, near and far. Each one is a special gift to me and I am blessed by their place in my life.
- My health. After a sinus surgery that took longer than normal to recover from, I am so blessed to be healthy. There are so many people who are struggling with health issues and I recognize that it is a blessing to be healthy.
- Food on the table. We are blessed that the Lord provides for us.
- My life. Because Jesus came to earth as an infant to be Immanuel, God with us, and because He also was obedient to death on the cross, and because He rose from the dead, I have been given life. Not just life here on this earth, but life eternal. And that is the greatest blessing of all.
Your turn! Leave me a comment with your list! I would love to see what blessings you are counting today!