It’s amazing to me how God works.
A little thought.
A scripture that catches you just right.
A devotion you read.
A book you happen to pick up.
And then those little ideas grow. They become a regular part of your thinking. But you aren’t quite sure what to do about them.
Yet they continue to grow.
And then you hear a sermon. Or read a blog post. Or accidentally recommend a book to your Bible study group that further mixes things up.
And you start to act, somewhat blindly because you still aren’t sure what you are doing.
And you pray for God to give you wisdom. And passion.
And then you start another Bible study group book that begins to bring even more into focus.
And your life continues to spiral into something altogether different from what you thought it would be.
And it is GOOD!
- “He uses change…to change us.”
- “Living on mission…[is] about intentionally living the gospel wherever you are.”
- “[We are]…the opposite of counterculture. We [are] a mirror image of culture, just a churched-up version.”
- “God raise up in me a holy passion.”
- “Do I care? Am I moved by the suffering of all nations? Am I even concerned about the homeless guy on the corner? Am I willing to take the bible at face value and concur tat God is incredibly concerned with social justice? I won’t answer one day for the omissions of other people, nor will I get refit for the general philanthropy of someone else. It will come down to what I did. What you did. What we did together.”
I am ready and willing for my life to be interrupted. Are you?